Dear Eisenhower Community,
I am thrilled to introduce myself as the new Principal of Eisenhower Elementary School. With 27 years of experience in education as a teacher, principal, and district administrator, I am excited to join the Eisenhower Team and become a part of this wonderful community.
My main focus is creating a positive and nurturing learning environment for students while fostering strong partnerships with parents and the community. I believe that collaboration and open communication are key to a successful school.
My vision for Eisenhower Elementary is to create an inclusive and engaging environment where every student feels valued and supported. I am committed to maintaining a safe, nurturing atmosphere promoting academic excellence.
I encourage open communication, so please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, concerns, or suggestions. Your feedback is valuable in shaping our school's educational experience.
I am excited to work together with you and your children. Let us build a school where every child thrives and succeeds.
Thank you for entrusting me with the privilege of leading Eisenhower Elementary School. Together, let us ensure a bright and promising future for our children.
Principal, Eisenhower Elementary School
- 550 students attend Eisenhower Elementary School. 90.8% of students attending Eisenhower receive Free/Reduced Lunch. The students are primarily 1st generation or immigrated as youth, with 84.7% Latinx (primarily from Mexico) and 13.4% Vietnamese. 53% of the students are classified as English Learners with an additional 15% Fluent English Proficient (IFEP or RFEP).
- Eisenhower Elementary School has a strong academic program with proven success rates, including continual strong growth on state standardized testing and other multiple measures, consistently outperforming similar schools across the county, state and nation.
- Eisenhower has 1:1 computer to student ratio and students engage with innovative technology tools as part of daily instruction.
- Eisenhower’s robotics and coding programs equip students with 21st Century STEM skills and includes fun competitions.
- Selected for the prestigious Disney Musicals in Schools program, Eisenhower produces lavish annual musical productions. Augmented by a large choral and instrumental program, Eisenhower provides one of the most robust elementary VAPA programs in the area.
- Eisenhower students take advantage of free after-school interventions and enrichments in English Language Arts and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math).
- Eisenhower’s robust College and Career Mentoring Program pairs elementary students with alumni college students who serve as positive role models, provide help with school work, and promote positive self-esteem and motivational lessons.
- Eisenhower offers the award-winning Orange County GRIP program. This unique partnership with law enforcement provides tutoring, counseling, mentoring, scholarship incentives, and field trip opportunities.
- Eisenhower staff has been honored for their dedication with many awards and recognitions, including County Teacher of the Year, Two Orange County Music and Arts Awards, and Employee of the Month.
- When students leave Eisenhower, they attend Doig Intermediate School and Santiago High School; both are National AVID Demonstration Schools, that prepare students for college and career success.
- When they graduate from Santiago High school, Eisenhower students outperform the county and state average in meeting rigorous a-g college entrance requirements for acceptance to UC and CSU universities, with 61.5% meeting a-g.